The Certified Nurse Assistant
Exam Test Questions
chapter five questions and answers continued:
- In Long Term Care Facilities Housekeeping is responsible for the residents belongs (i.e. clothing, etc.) not nursing.
- It is a good idea to plan the resident's personal care according to their preference and not the staff's routine.
- In order to keep residents/patients from becoming dizzy, it is an excellent idea to have them dangle their legs on the edge of the bed before transferring them, as this stimulates circulation.
- It is very important for the Nurse Assistant to feel that they are partners with the Nurse in "care giving."
- Since a Charge Nurse spends more time with the patients, the observation of the residents/patients are best left up to the charge nurse instead of the Nurse Assistant.
(Answer: FALSE - NA spends more time with residents.)
- As a Nurse Assistant, organizing yourself efficiently, as well as getting your tasks in a priority, is generally referred to as "time management".
- Many times a resident/patient might become closer to the Nurse Assistant than their own family members.
- When using a mechanical lift, it is okay for one person to use it.
(Answer: FALSE - it should be a minimum of 2 people.)
- You should always shampoo the resident's hair on a daily basis.
- When you are making a resident's bed, you should always be sure and raise the bed to a level that is
comfortable for you so that you will not strain your back.